Join Us For A Life Changing Event ... Renewal From The Roots!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Proud People Hard Times

I had a proud man come talk to me today. He's worked all his life until the most recent plant shut down.

It's been almost 2 years and he hasn't been able -as we say down South - "Buy a job".

He represents hundreds here.

He then asked me about help with his light bill. Probably for the first time in his adult life, he's not able to pay it.

So I referred him to the folks who do help in this instance.

I pray for Godly ingenuity and entrepreneurship to come to this county.

Even more, I pray that our hard times will make us cry out to the Living God whose blessings and kind providence in the past we have taken for granted.

In our poverty, may Jesus Christ be exalted, our hearts weaned from the world, and our affections pointed to God the Father's glory that will sustain us until our labors have ended.